Sunday, September 23, 2012

Self Photography

[[Scroll Down For Photo]]


 *click* *click* Self photography! It's done a lot these days. What isn't done a lot is what I'm going to call "biblical self-photography". What do I mean by that? Imagine those girls who take pictures of themselves and constantly compare what they see in that photo to the published pictures of magazine models. They see the model, then look back at their own photograph, suddenly self-conscious of every zit and flaw. "I must fix myself", they think.

This mentality is what we should have- but directed in a different way- towards scripture. We should read through the Bible, looking carefully at the model life & faith that is described in it's pages and thinking, "What does my life look like? How do I compare?" Be prayerful, asking the Lord, "Help fix me, make me more like You. Let me not only be a hearer (or reader) of the word, but a doer as well!"

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does." - James 1:22-25

Camera: Nikon D60
Aperture - f/5
 Exposure- 1/400
ISO- 200
Lens- 35mm
No Flash.
Advice: Take portraits on cloudy days- it helps keep distracting shadows or washed out spots away!

Just as an FYI, I did NOT photograph this (it's me in the pic, by the way)... I handed the camera off to my boyfriend and let him play around after I was done getting shots of him & some antique cameras. So, credit to Zachary R. on this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment