Friday, March 18, 2016

Amazing Providence

Tip: For smooth water falls, use a low ISO (100-200), 
a slow shutter speed (1/10-1/15), and a small aperture (F18-F22).

This photo is special for me. Not only because I finally was able to get this water effect right, but because I nearly didn't get to take the photo at all.

This past weekend a good friend and I took a trip out to the Seattle area. Nearly 40 minutes into the drive, it hit me: my camera had been left at the house. I had been waiting for seven years to get to make a trip to Western Washington with my DSLR, and now that I was finally on the road, half the reason I'd been dying to go was left sitting in the living room. I did the only thing I could do: convinced my friend to drive us back to get my camera; I was more than happy to cover the extra gas cost. On the way back, she realized something, too: she had forgotten the tickets to the comedy show we had planned to attend- the entire reason we had originally decided to take the trip! Had God not willed for me to forget the camera, we would have been greatly disappointed.

It all goes to show that sometimes the things we feel are our biggest mistakes at are really all part of God's master plan- a plan that ends in Him being glorified. The two of us were certainly praising Him as we turned the car around!

"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things To Him be the glory forever. Amen." (Romans 11:36)

No comments:

Post a Comment