Friday, July 1, 2016

Praise Amidst The Rapids

Tip: Experiment with different close up angles for a fresh perspective on your subject matter.

See that river up there? Depending on where you are at, it can be quite calm. The shoreline is a peaceful place to relax and take in the gorgeous Idaho scenery. Peaceful as it may seem at first glance, if you venture farther into the waters, it won't be long before you run into strong currents and even some large jagged rocks. 

I sat staring at that river contemplating life the other day, and as I sit here looking at this photo, I once again do the same. It hit me moments ago that the shoreline is the calmest place- but you know what you won't do in that calm place? You won't go anywhere. For ages, I've been in that calm place. It's a place I am aching to go back to. But for now, God has pushed me into the rapids. It's not at all where I want to be, and I have no idea where I am heading, but God wanted me to move, and that's exactly what I'm working on. 

As I looked over the water, strumming "All in All" on my ukulele the other day, it reminded me that whether I have music or not, I need to keep that attitude of praise toward God. I'll tell you now: when you've been forcibly tossed into life's rocks and rapids, it isn't easy. The last thing you'll be in the mood for is praising God for His greatness. It is, however, what we are called to do. Thus, I shall try my best, and wherever you are, I hope you do also.

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice." - Philippians 4:4

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


No comments:

Post a Comment