Friday, July 21, 2017

Showing Christ's Love When You're Not Present




Did you ever realize that you don’t necessarily have to be present to be influencing others and displaying God’s love? Now, don’t get me wrong, this isn’t permission to just avoid people because you can still represent Christ when you’re away. That’s not it at all. But it is to say that if a strong love of Christ exists in your life, the evidence will be there even when you leave.

Currently I am house-sitting for my neighbors. It is one of my favorite things ever. Not just because I get paid to enjoy three cats and a swimming pool, but my times at their house are always full of reminders of God’s love and power. It’s not like they are “in your face” about their faith, but you can just tell from being there that God has a special place in their lives, and it spills over into their home.

Sometimes I walk in the door and they happen to have left the radio on the Christian station and it is playing just the song I needed to hear at the moment. Sometimes I go into the kitchen and see encouraging notes (such as the one pictured above) written on the whiteboard. Sometimes it’s in the books that they have sitting around. These aren’t things they have gone out of their way to do or place- it is just my neighbors living their life.

What do you leave behind as you live your life? Will it remind others of God?

Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us. - Titus 2:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment