Friday, September 22, 2017

What if we remembered God?



Yesterday I looked out the window and saw gorgeous sunny skies. I was excited- perhaps after work, I would go hang my hammock up in the park for a while. Two minutes later, I looked again. Still sunny, but the sun was accompanied by the biggest downpour I'd seen in months. Not good for relaxing in a hammock. I did, however, need to wipe all the dirt and bugs off my car. Having a solid stream of water pouring over my vehicle would be so convenient! I went for it.

I came back in about 10 or 15 minutes later, completely soaked. Over messenger, a friend and I chuckled about my little escapade. "That's using what the Lord provides!" he remarked. I paused and smiled. I hadn't thought about it that way, to be honest. I simply saw an opportunity and took it. 

What if we made more of a point to focus our minds that way, though? What if we remembered the fact that everything is within God's power and granted by His sovereign hand? What if we thought of Him in everything that we set out to do? How much better would life be, and how much stronger would our faith become?

“As for me, I would seek God,
    and to God would I commit my cause,
 who does great things and unsearchable,
    marvelous things without number:
 he gives rain on the earth
    and sends waters on the fields"
- Job 5:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment