Friday, July 3, 2015

...And Proud Of It.

Tip: Don't limit yourself to seeing what the tourists see. Get creative and look for the little details when you go on a vacation trip (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Several months ago, I had the privilage of taking an amazing vacation trip to Texas. As soon as I got off the plane, the first thing I noticed was Texas' signature Lone Star. It seems pretty standard for most places to display their state flag or insignia to welcome guests at their local airport. 

During my two-week stay, I quickly realized that Texas isn't the average state- these guys are extremely proud of who they are, and they're going to let you know it; I saw the Lone Star and Texas flag EVERYWHERE. Any place that people can be found, there is a little reminder that you are in Texas. It was on the freeway overpass, nearly every business, most homes, shirts, windows, bridges, floor mats- even their sewer covers are adorned with it!

Now, let me ask you this: If the Texans can be this proud of who they are and where they live, shouldn't we, as Christians, be even more proud of who we are and of the spiritual kingdom of which we are a part of? Shouldn't those around us be aware of who we are? God never called us to be part of a covert operations team- He called us to boldly proclaim the gospel and live out life as Jesus did.

I pray we can immitate Paul in what he said to the church in Rome- "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes" (Romans 1:16)

No comments:

Post a Comment