Friday, April 1, 2016

Change of Plan!

Tip: play with low angles to make large things appear as grand as they feel in person.

This photo excites me quite a lot. Many of you might think "oh, big deal. It's just a library." - and in that you are correct. For me, however, this particular photo in the Seattle Public Library symbolizes more than that.

In my previous post, I told the story of how my friend and I lost her car in downtown Seattle; this is part of that tale. Halfway through our two hours of desperate searching for the car, we ended up on the sidewalk in front of this building. Being the book nerd that I am, the local librarians have always told me how much I would enjoy this place, but I'd never before had the time or opportunity to go inside. But, here it was, right in front of me. My travel mate and I were exhausted and ready to be off of our feet, so I suggested that we go inside for a break. In the end, exploring this massive 11-story library ended up being one of the highlights of the trip for me. To think, it happened solely because things didn't go according to our plan!

Sometimes that is just how God chooses to work. We may have our plans all laid out, but He has other things in mind for us. It might seem frustrating for a good long while, but in the end, His people will gladly find themselves glorifying Him.

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." - Proverbs 19:21

No comments:

Post a Comment