Friday, April 8, 2016

Making Alterations

Tip: Add interest to your shots with a shallow depth of field.


 A friend recently showed me an article in which an autistic man volunteered to be part of an experiment to see if electrical stimulation to a specific part of the brain would enable him to better sense and read emotions (which is a task many with autism struggle with). The man had always dreamed of having this ability; he looked at it almost as if it were a superpower. Being able to understand people's emotions would enhance his social life so much! As it turned out, the experiment worked, but his new found ability turned out to be more overwhelming than he ever would have dreamed. It took him 5 years to regain stability in his life, and along the way his marriage crumbled due to the the extreme alteration of his personality.

While the scientific world may be admired for it's ingenuity, their developing ability to fundamentally change who and what people are is becoming rather alarming. Not only that, but in some instances it is like a slap in the face to God- His creation saying "You messed up, now let me show you how you should have made me!" 

Let us remember that God made each of us the way we are for specific reasons; there are no "oops" moments when He puts us together.

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,

the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.


-Psalm 139:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment