Sunday, November 11, 2012

Out of Tune


Camera: Nikon D60
Aperture - f/5.3
 Exposure- 1/10
ISO- 1600
Lens- 44mm
No Flash.
 
Along with photography, I have a lot of other hobbies. One of which, is playing guitar. Sadly, since I usually have so much going on, I don't manage to find much time to practice, and therefore have not been able to get very good. So, while many folks who've played guitar for 5 years are able to tune them by ear, I still remain reliant upon my little electronic tuner.

While I may not be able to get my guitars back in tune without help, I can however, tell from strumming a couple of chords if they are out of tune. A similar (but much bigger) situation seems to often arise within people's minds, concerning the world in which we live. I think just about all of you could agree that society has a problem. You can watch, and listen, and you just KNOW things are not right- but why?

How come we are so sure of this fact? If everything is relative, as many like to say, why is it so readily agreed upon that there is a lot of evil in this world- and what defines evil? How did we get the idea of morals that civil societies uphold- like that it is wrong to lie, steal, murder, ect.? Even people who commit crimes often end up with a nagging conscience- what's up with that?

Like the musical absolutes that are programmed into my guitar tuner, there are moral absolutes programmed into us by God. "Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them." - Romans 2:14-15

*The law referred to may be found in Exodus 20:3-17.

No comments:

Post a Comment