Friday, January 12, 2018

What will you "never" do?


We go through life saying “I will do this” and “I will do that”, or inversely, “I would NEVER do that!”
Sometimes it works out the way we think, but God won’t let us dictate everything 100% of the time.
Sometimes God likes to mess with us.

I always said I wouldn't leave the Pacific Northwest, and I never wanted to give up my part time job
at the local library. God had other ideas. I now find myself in North Carolina- clear across the country
from the place I called home (and consequently, not working at a library). And you know what? It’s
better than I ever would have planned for myself. He allowed me to get an amazing job alongside
people who are living to glorify Him every day, and put me in a part of the country where there are
many beautiful outdoor areas to enjoy (such as the photo above, which I took at the park tonight!)

Next time you say “never”, check yourself: is this “never” biblically based?

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.”
- Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment