Friday, April 14, 2017

Productivity: It's Not What You Think.






I was introduced to a challenging thought on Sunday: "your success is not rooted in your productivity..."

Some of my friends might call me a workaholic. If I'm not laboring at one of my two jobs, I am writing and promoting blogs, researching various things, or creating some form of art for either myself or others. If I am not getting something useful done, I often kick myself. So much of my life is focused on productivity. It is what makes me feel successful. 

The above statement follows up with "...Success is rooted in faithfulness to Christ."

It all goes back to the simple truth that our existence is meant entirely for the glory of God. If we are honoring him, living to know him and bring him glory, then by the standards of the Creator of the universe, we are a success. This success, however, is not one that we can just make happen for ourselves. It requires a work of the Holy Spirit in our hearts, which will naturally work its way out into our lives and actions.

Success by the world's standards is temporary and will only last until we die. Success in God's eyes is tied to what Christ is doing in us, and will last through eternity.

Where do you find success?

But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. - Galatians 6:14


And do you seek great things for yourself? Seek them not, for behold, I am bringing disaster upon all flesh, declares the Lord. But I will give you your life as a prize of war in all places to which you may go. - Jeremiah 45:5 

No comments:

Post a Comment