Sunday, April 2, 2017

The CCM Experiment: April 2




Feeling: Laid back, a little tired.

Doing: Housekeeping work at the nursing home, taking care of the neighbor cats, evening church.

Listened to: The Piano Guys, Mandisa (pop), Britt Nicole (pop)

Lyric that stood out the most to me:

“I closed the door, yeah I did it 'cause I didn't wanna hurt no more. They say that the armor makes you strong; I might be safe but I'm all alone” - Heart of Stone, by Britt Nicole

Sometimes when we get hurt or lose someone important to us, it can be tempting to try to disconnect and not get close to anyone, even God. This lyric shows what that can look like when taken to the extreme.

...Soon as I typed the above statement, I just sat here staring at it, suddenly realizing doing that is actually a form of idolatry. We are putting ourselves, our attitudes, and our personal comfort above God and His commands when we do this. If we go so far as to bar ourselves from Him and those around us, not only are we unable to fulfill the command to “love your neighbor as yourself”, but it also disables us from being able to “love the Lord your God with all your heart”.


No comments:

Post a Comment