Thursday, April 6, 2017

The CCM Experiment: April 6



Feeling: Drained

Doing: Nursing home work, blogging, 

Listened to: Matthew Parker (pop/electronica), Jonathan Thulin- particularly his album "Science Fiction" (pop/electronica, also does some worship music style stuff. Varies depending on the album)

Lyric that stood out the most to me:

"I am drifting, a hundred million thoughts spent on the wrong thing
My connection, a hundred million miles the wrong direction

Endless stars and endless space
The arrows are pointing all over the place
I’m an aeronaut
Navigation lost
Trekking through the universe
Never thought that I would be the one to give up first
Yeah, I must confess
Here’s my S.O.S.

I know that you’re my constant
Even when I lost it
I’m chasing after you like a compass

I have done this, terraformed my own sense of what truth is
Like a black a hole, crushing everything inside this black soul


Never been this lost before
Gotta find my way back
Back track some more

I’m chasing to see what’s next
Staring at my life like a map
Trying to figure out where you're at
Siri can you tell me how to get to the point where my future meets His best"


- Jonathan Thulin


Sometimes we reach points in life where we have, whether intentionally or not, distanced ourselves from our relationship with God. It will happen. The important thing is not what our feelings are, but that we diligently seek the Lord again so that we may rekindle the relationship and live for him.


What is the CCM Experiment?

No comments:

Post a Comment