Monday, April 3, 2017

The CCM Experiment: April 3


Feeling: A bit stressed and mildly annoyed in the morning/afternoon, worn out and unmotivated in the evening.

Doing: Housekeeping work at the nursing home (really really crazy busy day, complete with one resident who would shout either "hey!" or "help!" every two minutes... no exaggeration) and shelving library books.

Listened to: Capital Kings (pop/electronica) and The Aux Cable podcast.

Lyric that stood out the most to me:

To be honest, I was too busy and focused on work to hear much of the song lyrics during the short period that I played music for. I mainly just wanted something to hear other than that one resident who kept shouting. I did, however, pay attention to The Aux Cable podcast while I worked in the library, so I'll share the most outstanding tidbit of that instead:

"For it to be a good one, the relationship needs to be selfless.The reason you're in that relationship needs to be that you want to serve the other person; support them, encourage them, be there for them...If one of the people is in it for the wrong reason, it usually won't last." - Ryan Matlock, The Aux Cable, episode 25. 



No comments:

Post a Comment