Saturday, April 15, 2017

The CCM Experiment: April 15



Feeling: Happy, relaxed, excited.

Doing: Nursing home work, hanging out with friends on my "Friday" night.

Listened to: Random stuff on the Christian radio station, Everyday Sunday (pop-punk), Officer Negative (Didn't know what they were...turns out its growly screamo. Great if it's your thing, but it's not really mine), Philmont (pop/rock), Wavorly (rock).

Lyric that stood out the most to me:

"I've walked among the shadows
You wiped my tears away
And I've felt the pain of heartbreak
And I've seen the brighter days

And I've prayed prayers to Heaven
From my lowest place
And I have held Your blessings
God, You give and take away"

- Tauren Wells

This song is a nice reminder of the truth that while yes, God is the great provider of all things, He also can and does take things from us too. Life won't always be perfect, but the fact is that He is working all things to end in us glorifying Him at our fullest potential. Though the choruses of this song are somewhat cliche and repetitive, the verses scattered throughout are really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment