Saturday, April 22, 2017

The CCM Experiment: April 22



Feeling: Excited, happy, thankful, exhausted.

Doing: Picked up one of my best far away friends from the airport today! We then proceeded to spend near all afternoon hiking. His FitBit said we did around 83 flights of "stairs" in 3.6 miles, haha.

Listened to: Wintergarten (their song Star Machine 2000 has been my mood-theme-song today), Shane and Shane.

Lyric that stood out the most to me:


"I chose my pride instead
Of the glory of Your name
All the wrath of God that I
Deserve with every breath
Fell upon Him"

- "You Loved My Heart To Death", by Shane & Shane.


Man, how often do we do this? I don't know about you, but I feel like this is a recurring theme in my life- choosing my own pride over His glory. Very striking lyric.

No comments:

Post a Comment