Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The CCM Experiment: April 18



Feeling: Happy, exhausted, productive, social.

Doing: Nursing home housekeeping, blogging, hanging with friends, prepping for the county fair (I run a department out there).

Listened to: BarlowGirl

Lyric that stood out the most to me:

I can't believe that I'm here in this place again
How did I manage to mess up one more time?
This pattern seems to be the story of my life
Should have learned this lesson by the thousandth time.
'Cause I promised myself I wouldn't fall
But here I've fallen
I guess I'm not as strong as I thought
All I can do is cry to you.
Oh God you have to save me
You're my last and only hope
All my right answers fail me
I can't seem to make it on my own.
Always thought that I would be strong enough
What made all of them fall couldn't take me down
Yeah, did I think that I was above it all?
I have learned that pride comes before the fall



This is so relatable. One of my favorite things about BarlowGirl is how accurately they capture both the joys and the hardships of life in their songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment