Sunday, April 23, 2017

The CCM Experiment: April 23



Feeling: Happy, excited, exhausted.


Doing: Church, hanging with friends, 6.5 mile walk through town, and more church and more friends!

Listened to: Shane & Shane

Lyric that stood out the most to me:"Though You slay me
Yet I will praise You
Though You take from me
I will bless Your name
Though You ruin me
Still I will worship
Sing a song to the One who's all I need

My heart and flesh may fail
The earth below give way
But with my eyes, with my eyes I'll see the Lord
Lifted high on that day
Behold, the Lamb that was slain
And I'll know every tear was worth it all"

"Though You Slay Me", by Shane & Shane


It's not every day you come across a song that portrays intense pain and struggle while still worshipping God. This one was based off of the life of Job. When there is so much talk about God giving you "your best life now", people tend to forget that book of the Bible in which God did not give Job his "best life now", but rather allowed him to suffer affliction and test his faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment