Friday, April 7, 2017

The CCM Experiment: April 7



Feeling: Drained

Doing: Nursing home work, library shelving, blogging, 

Listened to: Matthew Parker (pop/electronica), Jonathan Thulin (pop/electronica), The Almost (pop-punk)

Lyric that stood out the most to me:

"Life's moving faster now
I'm older here
But younger somehow
Head full of fear
And it makes me break
Please let me find you
Please let me know
Just what you want
Please let me see
What you need me to be"

- Hand Grenade, by The Almost.


Pretty much the story of being in your young adult years and trying to figure out life and what exactly faith in Christ looks like. As a whole I do not agree with the theology presented in this tune (they refer at the start as God simply waiting on us and later seem to allude that God doesn't see everything that we are), and I also think the imagery in the chorus is a little strange. But, that said, this particular snippet of it really resonated with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment